Falmouth, Maine - Maine Cancer Foundation (MCF) welcomes four new members to its Board of Directors, bringing the total number of directors to 18. The newest members round out a board well known for its breadth of knowledge regarding public health, health systems, clinical medicine, financial aspects of cancer, and lived personal experience. Board members are elected for a 3 year term.
New members of the MCF Board as of January, 2018 include:
- Stephan Bachelder, Of Counsel at Preti Flaherty in Portland. Steve is a graduate of Middlebury College and the Washington & Lee University School of Law. He is Counsel to the law firm of Preti, Flaherty, Beliveau and Patios. He served on the North Yarmouth Academy Board of Trustees for 15 years and is the Academy's immediate past President. He is also a former Trustee of the Portland Museum of Art, a founding member of the Yarmouth Land Trust and a founder of the Yarmouth Rowing Club.
- Jessica Casey, Talent Acquisition Specialist, HealthAdvances, Waltham, MA. Jessica is a breast cancer survivor and the 2017 top donor/overall record holder for the Tri for a Cure. She has worked as a Talent Acquisition Specialist at Health Advances, a healthcare consulting firm located in Weston MA, for the past 6 years recruiting internal talent for the firm. She lives in Cape Elizabeth.
- Laura Pfeiffenberger, Senior Manager, Marcum, LLP in Portland. After attending Wesleyan University, Laura returned to Maine, and began her valuation career in 2004. She is now a senior manager in the Valuation and Litigation Support Services group at Marcum, LLP, a national accounting and advisory firm. Laura currently resides in Portland's West End Neighborhood.
- Dr. Tracey Weisberg, M.D., Medical Director, Maine Medical Center Breast Care Center. Dr. Weisberg developed the Breast Medical Genetics Program and then transitioned to Maine Medical Center. She now oversees medical affairs related to the BCC, weekly work rounds with BCC nursing staff, a weekly breast cancer tumor board, and consults on treatment. She is also a Physician Owner of New England Cancer Specialists.
The newest Board members join an existing slate of volunteer Board Members including:
- Chip Harris, President. Principal, Kilbride & Harrris Insurance
- Matthew Libby, Vice President. Attorney, Monaghan Leahy, LLP
- Jay Collins, Treasurer. Vice President, WEX, Inc.
- Laura Davis Rinck, Secretary. Chief Executive Officer, Rinck Advertising
- Michael Bourque. President and CEO, MEMIC
- Gayle Brazeau, Ph.D. Professor, University of New England College of Pharmacy
- Dana Lesniak, Chair, Development Committee. Project Manager, CIEE
- David Libby. President and CEO, Town & Country Federal Credit Union
- Sarah Mayberry. Program Manager, MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence
- Kevin Mills, Ph.D. Chief Scientific Officer, Cyteir Therapeutics
- Dr. Thomas Openshaw, M.D. Medical Oncologist, Head of Oncology Research, Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Andrea Patstone, Chair, Governance Committee. Senior Vice President, MaineHealth
- Patrick Veroneau. AstraZeneca
- Caroline Zimmerman. Director of Health Initiatives, Maine Primary Care Association
ABOUT MAINE CANCER FOUNDATION:
Maine Cancer Foundation is dedicated to reducing cancer incidence and mortality rates in Maine. 100% of funds raised by the Foundation are used to benefit the people of Maine. MCF leads a state-wide effort to advance the most promising and effective cancer-fighting efforts available to the people of Maine through a combination of grant-based financial support and coalition building.
For more information about Maine Cancer Foundation please visit www.mainecancer.org
Press contact: Kristen Smith, [email protected], (207) 773-2533