Major Fundraising Event Guidelines
Major fundraising efforts have been a key part of Maine Cancer Foundation's growth and provide more than $2,000,000 each year to help fund our grant programs. But even the biggest events start small- we want to help you achieve your best.
How We Can Help
Because of our size and history, Maine Cancer Foundation has access to resources that we happily share with event groups that want to support our mission. These include:
- Promotion of your event to our 40,000 newsletter subscribers, featurette stories or videos on our website and across our social media channels.
- Web-enabled fundraising software to assist with event registration, donations, credit-card processing and mass email.*
- 1st class "thank you" letters or cards mailed to your event donors.
- Maine Cancer Foundation-branded promotional gifts (key chains, stickers, bracelets) to distribute to your event attendees.
- Press releases for your event/promotion.
- Permission to use the Maine Cancer Foundation name and logo in association with your event.
- We can provide MCF signage, speakers and displays at your event to help your donors understand where the money goes.
- Written/video endorsement of your effort/promotion.
Because of the time and labor involved, Major Event support limited to groups and organizations that:
- Can demonstrate a previous history of successful event management.
- Can commit to a $10,000 minimum net contribution to the Foundation.
If your event doesn't meet these minimums, don't worry! We have plenty of ways help you along. Please visit one of these pages:
Not sure if your opportunity qualifies for Major Event support from us? Contact us! [email protected] or call (207) 773-2533.
There are many ways to get involved in the fight against cancer and we welcome your help.
*Restrictions may apply. Please contact us to help determine your cost structure and tax liability.