We're Giving Away 2 Beach To Beacon Entries at the Twilight 5K!
Thanks to the generous folks at Beach to Beacon, we are pleased to offer two Charity Entries to this year's race! These FREE entries will be randomly awarded to participants in the Twilight 5K who achieve a fundraising total of $100 or more before 5pm on Friday, June 3rd, 2016.
Rules and Conditions
- Any participant in Maine Cancer Foundation's Twilight 5K with a personal fundraising total of $100 or more before 5pm on Friday, June 3rd 2016, will be automatically entered into a random drawing for 1 free entry to this year's Beach To Beacon race.
- This contest is only available for individuals registered on or before June 3rd 2016.
- A total of 2 Beach To Beacon entries will be awarded.
- The two winning entries will be announced at 5pm on Friday, June 3rd.
- The winning entries will be randomly selected using the services of Random.org
- The $100 fundraising requirement may be met through self-donation or from gifts from others.
How to Enter
- Sign up for the Twilight 5K before Friday, June 3rd at 5pm and achieve a personal fundraising total of $100 or more.
- Qualified Twilight 5K participants will be automatically entered- no further action is required.
About Beach To Beacon
Runners of all abilities from throughout New England and across the nation will join many of the top runners in the world at the starting line in Cape Elizabeth for the 19th TD Beach to Beacon 10K on August 6, 2016.
Joan Benoit Samuelson, a native of Cape Elizabeth, Maine, won the first-ever women's Marathon at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles and is founder and chair of the TD Beach to Beacon 10K. "A long time dream of mine has been realized" says Samuelson. "I've always wanted to create a race that brings runners to some of my most favorite training grounds, so that they can enjoy the same beautiful environment, sense of community and rich history that has played such an important role in my life." Locals and visitors alike will enjoy themselves immensely whether they choose to spectate or participate.
The course begins near Crescent Beach State Park in Cape Elizabeth and winds along tree-lined roads and past dramatic ocean vistas before ending 6.2 miles later in Fort Williams next to Portland Head Light, the nation’s first commissioned lighthouse and also the most photographed lighthouse in America. The TD Beach to Beacon 10K attracts almost 6,500 runners, making it the largest road race in the Pine Tree State, who are cheered by thousands of spectators lining the course and assisted by 800+ volunteers. Held along the stunning Maine coastline on the first Saturday of every August, the event promotes and celebrates health, fitness and giving back.