MCF Calls for Applications: Patient Navigation & General Operating Grants Available!
One of the perks of our jobs at Maine Cancer Foundation is giving donations from our supporters to cancer programs and organizations statewide. We are currently accepting applications for two open grant areas: patient navigation and general operating grants.
Maine Cancer Foundation is currently accepting grant applications for three-year capacity-building grants to create or expand navigator positions that will identify and eliminate barriers that prevent individuals from getting high quality cancer care in Maine.
Please see below or visit www.mainecancer.org/apply-grant for more information and instructions on how to apply online!
Maine Cancer Foundation is accepting proposals for three-year capacity-building grants to create or expand navigator positions that will identify and eliminate barriers that prevent individuals from getting high quality cancer care in Maine.
Proposals should include evidence-based patient navigator programming. However, the Foundation does not require that Patient Navigators have clinical credentials. We encourage you to learn more about Maine Cancer Foundation’s recent Patient Navigator grant awards: www.mainecancer.org/grants/navigator. The Foundation is particularly interested in supporting projects that assist rural and minority populations in Maine.
Areas of Focus:
Navigator roles should focus on:
Cancer prevention, early detection, or treatment
Efforts that will reduce cancer incidence and mortality rates in Maine
Reducing barriers to cancer care in Maine
Within the application, the need for the new patient navigator role must be supported by a community needs assessment and describe clear, patient-centered goals.
Funding may be used to support salary, benefits, overhead, and other needs to establish the navigator role. The award will be structured to provide:
Year One: Up to $80,000
Year Two: 70% of year one
Year Three: 35% of year one
It is expected that the applicant organization will commit to providing an increasing level of support during the grant period with the intention of maintaining the position thereafter.
We strongly encourage you to contact Maine Cancer Foundation if you have any questions about your eligibility or to discuss your proposal prior to submission. Please contact Katelyn Michaud, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 207-773-2533.
What We Will Not Fund:
- Organizations that are not a 501(c)3
- Direct support to individuals for cancer prevention, detection or treatment services, equipment or supplies
- More than 15% institutional overhead
- Business investments or loans
- Programs that do not benefit the people of Maine
Applications must be completed by 5pm on Friday, July 21, 2017. Awards will be announced by August 31, 2017. Funds are distributed upon receipt of a signed contract.
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted online at http://mainecancer.communityforce.com. Completed applications will be reviewed by our grant committee and applicants may be contacted for additional information. Please contact Katelyn Michaud at 207-773-2533 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please visit www.mainecancer.org/apply-grant for more details and instructions on how to apply.
General Operating Support:
In order to build capacity in our state, Maine Cancer Foundation is accepting applications for general operating support grants from organizations that are working to reduce cancer incidence and mortality in Maine. This funding opportunity is intended to build and support the infrastructure of organizations working to reduce the impact of cancer in Maine.
Who can apply for general operating support funding?
- Organizations whose mission is aligned with Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission to reduce cancer incidence and mortality in Maine.
- Organizations must be based in Maine and benefit Maine people.
- Must have IRS 501c3 status.
- Must have a minimum two-year operating history after the date of receipt of its 501c3 classification.
- Must have annual operating expenses greater than $100,000 as reflected in the most recently filed IRS 990 form.
- Must have at least one full-time paid employee.
- National organizations with local chapters/affiliates or programs:
- Local chapters/affiliates or programs must demonstrate local control over their finances and operations, and have a local governing board.
- Written documentation delineating local control over the local chapter/affiliate must be available upon request. All funds must stay in Maine.
- Who cannot apply?
- Organizations with budgets over $2,000,000.
- Organizations who re-grant funding.
- Organizations that are carrying a deficit on one out of their last three completed fiscal year financial statements.
- An annual operating budget for the current fiscal year.
- Most recent Audited or Reviewed Financial statements, if available. If your organization does not have Audited or Reviewed financial statements, please submit the last two years Profit & Loss Statements for each of the two previous years.
- IRS confirmation of 501c3 status.
What We Will Not Fund:
- Endowment funds.
- Capital campaigns.
- Geographic distribution of grants will be considered.
- Maine Cancer Foundation will not knowingly support projects that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
- A grant recipient’s work must further Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission. Funds may not be diverted to benefit any individual.
- The results or benefits of any Foundation supported investigation or program are required to remain in the public domain for the benefit of Maine people.
- General operating grant awards will range from $10,000 to $50,000
- Requests for general operating support may not exceed 10% of an organization’s annual operating expenses.
We strongly encourage you to contact Maine Cancer Foundation if you have any questions about your eligibility or to discuss your application prior to submission. Please contact Katelyn Michaud, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 207-773-2533.
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted online at http://mainecancer.communityforce.com. Completed applications will be reviewed by our grant committee and applicants may be contacted for additional information. Please contact Katelyn Michaud at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-773-2533 with any questions.
Applications must be completed by 5pm on Friday, August 18, 2017. Awards will be announced by September 30, 2017. Funds are distributed upon receipt of a signed contract.