THE GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2014 FALL GRANT ROUND HAVE CHANGED SIGNIFICANTLY
We have revised our grant program to focus on initiatives that measurably reduce the incidence and mortality rates of cancer in Maine. Funding opportunities are available in the areas of Prevention, Early Detection and Access to Care. See below for details and feel free to send any questions to email@example.com.
|View Our Past Education and Patient Support Recipients|
In 2014-2015, Maine Cancer Foundation will award up to $500,000 in grants for direct programming that focuses on reducing the incidence and mortality rate of cancer in Maine.
Areas of Focus
- Prevention, especially tobacco use, nutrition/physical activity, and genetic screening
- Early Detection, especially accessible and affordable evidence based screenings
- Access to Care*, especially universal, high quality patient navigation services and alternative access to care (ie telemedicine)
*Note: Transportation/Lodging will be included in a separate grant program in late fall, 2014. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical funding amounts will range from $25,000-$50,000 for one year; however, multiple year grants will be considered for compelling programs or those that show progress but require additional time to establish.
The Foundation is most interested in providing funds for programs that:
- focus on long-term, systemic changes with clearly defined goals and measurable results
- pilot a new idea that can be expanded in other areas
- define and implement best practices
- show collaboration among Maine organizations
Note: General operational support is not currently supported
Applicants are asked to first submit a letter of interest. A limited number of programs will be asked to submit a full proposal.
Letter of Interest due - October 15, 2014
Invitation to submit a proposal - November 1, 2014
Full proposals due - December 1, 2014
Grants awarded - January 15, 2015
Questions? Please call the Foundation at (207) 773-2533 or email email@example.com